Our team at LIFE Camp is busy. We’re working with the community to prevent retaliations. We’re working with mothers who’ve lost their children, offering therapeutic and healing services. We’re deep in funeral and security preparation. Our street teams are sitting and evaluating the situation.
As I write, we’re about to hit the streets again. We are canvassing the affected neighbourhoods: de-escalating tensions, and providing mediations and interventions to stop more violence and retaliations.
We need your help to raise $250,000 to successfully fund this effort.
Your dollars will support:
- Interruption: Hiring 20 credible community messengers for the next 3 months.
- Uniforms + Supplies: Equipping our violence intervention street teams.
- Neighborhood Communication Campaign: Galvanizing people to be all in for peace.
- Therapeutic Services: Extending hours for our PeaceMobile, our mobile crisis unit.
- Safety: Creating safe corridors for our kids and staff to get to and from school and work safely.
Can we count on you to give right now?
More than ever, we need your support. School begins next week and we need to get ahead of this. I’m hurting. Our community is hurting.
Together, we can #EndGunViolence. #Allin4Peace
Executive Director, Life Camp